praz

Losing Stats upon updating to 1.8

I had level 55 with almost everything possible unlocked/completed. When I updated to 1.8 I lost all of my stats and my favourites list.

I tried replacing the profiles folder in CallofDuty4MW with the one in my CoD4 game folder as said here (and also tried just deleting my profiles folder in Appdata/Local/CallOfDuty4MW):

http://es9clan.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=747

And some ideas listed here:

https://cod4x.me/forum/thread-321.html

But nothing helps; whenever I install 1.8, whether its through connecting to a server with 1.8 on it and thus downloading 1.8 or downloading it directly from this site my stats always reset upon installing.

Even after trying all the methods listed above, everytime I boot cod4 I always get the message saying my stats are reset.

How can I fix this? Also, whenever I uninstall 1.8 and go back to 1.7, my stats are back?

Thanks.

If you delete your stats here: Appdata/Local/CallOfDuty4MW It usually takes the 1.7 stats.

If you see then the message "Your stats have been reset" when doing this step it sounds for me like there exists on your PC 2 different CD-KEYs. CoD4 X18 uses the wrong one obviously in this case. In CoD4 1.7 stats are encrypted with your CD-KEY. Also 1.8 needs to read the right CD-KEY to decrypt your stats made by cod4 1.7.

If you delete your stats here: Appdata/Local/CallOfDuty4MW It usually takes the 1.7 stats.

If you see then the message "Your stats have been reset" when doing this step it sounds for me like there exists on your PC 2 different CD-KEYs. CoD4 X18 uses the wrong one obviously in this case. In CoD4 1.7 stats are encrypted with your CD-KEY. Also 1.8 needs to read the right CD-KEY to decrypt your stats made by cod4 1.7.

Thank you very much for your help Fraggy, from what you said I managed to work out that I needed to sync my 'codkey' value in regedit with my cdkey in cod4 to get my stats back.

I'll list the steps I took here to do this incase someone also has the issue I had:

1) Open Regedit from the start menu. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/Activision/Call Of Duty 4'

2) Look for the 'codkey' value.

(I strangely did not have this value so I created it (You want to create 'string value' if doing this) and entered in the cod4 cd key I have entered ingame. If you do this, this should fix the issue and your stats should be back to normal.)

3) If you see the 'codkey' value Right click on it and select modify. You should see that the cd key listed isnt the same as the one you have ingame.

4) Open your cod4 and replace the value in 'codkey' with your ingame cd key. Close and reopen cod4. You should now find that your stats are back.