Felix7774

How To Install GSC scirpts?

Hello, i have the  problem.I have "the main_shared" folder and script in that folder, but when my dedicated server starts, server ignors my folder and server works as usual. it works if i use +set fs_game, but i donT need it, i want server-side script work without any mod, just gsc scripts( this script is only snipe on server)

Pls, help. Can someone make videolesson of how to install simple script? I can donate you.

1.thumb.JPG.6b54c35c792c50109cf09121e40fb0d9.JPG2.thumb.JPG.859426246f3bb9dc8dff12c43533f32e.JPG

main_shared.zip

6 minutes ago, dpj said:

image.thumb.png.ea2c372ffbb25d200d66ae3a9d6e3fac.png

it did not help me, I did exactly the same, but I did not succeed. That's why I'm asking for a video training for some simple script.

wasn't the main_shared folder supposed to be in the home directory? in that case you would need to set

fs_homepath "."

I've been looking at these posts about "main_shared" folder... I have been making promod servers for 3 to 4 years now and i have never heard of it.

I always start my scripts in maps/mp/globallogic.gsc 

if its something about player like _welcome.gsc , or _afk.gsc or cmd.gsc u start it in the init() function 

if its something like votemap or finalkillcam you need to start it a bit later.

39 minutes ago, MrCactusLD said:

I've been looking at these posts about "main_shared" folder... I have been making promod servers for 3 to 4 years now and i have never heard of it.

I always start my scripts in maps/mp/globallogic.gsc 

if its something about player like _welcome.gsc , or _afk.gsc or cmd.gsc u start it in the init() function 

if its something like votemap or finalkillcam you need to start it a bit later.

there are a bunch of folders you can put scripts into that get loaded after the main and mod stuff. that's pretty handy for development. 

for details read the code https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Server/blob/d13c9593e3a763e410fc045dd8a2a3f1237dec9e/src/filesystem.c#L2941

.. but as that seems to be confusing to multiple people right now i should probably take a look at our docs again, and describe everything a little more detailed there.

@dpj

Oh. Thats pretty handy xD. There are bunch of usefull stuff like:

CodeCallback_PlayerConnect(),

CodeCallback_StartGameType(),

But since I understand a lot of quake programing language it is probably easier for me to understand,the same goes for you.

Theese people are new to scripting or running a server so you should probably make official cod4x video on how stuff works.

Peace :P

• Like 1

The docs are pretty adequate imo. Could use some extra details and in-depth explanations, but adequate for the basics.

Unless now we are catering to script kiddies who Ctrl+F in scripts to change the mod name and rename other things.

1 hour ago, Kingwolf said:

The docs are pretty adequate imo. Could use some extra details and in-depth explanations, but adequate for the basics.

Unless now we are catering to script kiddies who Ctrl+F in scripts to change the mod name and rename other things.

apparently some are having troubles following it. maybe there are errors in it. idk. if somebody more experienced than OP discovers some potential pitfalls in there let me know.

@Kingwolf 

Well, this is a forum to help people, Right? Cause, basically what you just said is "oh we will throw a dog an English book and hope he will be able to learn english from that"

You gotta understand that some people need more explanation than other.

If you understood that the first time you read the docs, well, I don't have anything more to say than good job.

But to other people who don't know what even a script is, it will be pretty challenging to learn such things.

Just remember the first cod4 server you created or first script you created. You probably didn't know what was wrong because you didn't know where to look for errors, or if you tried to edit mod.ff and realized after a lot of searching that you need to compile the mod.ff, okay then what is even compiling, what am I suppoused to do here. What are all these .menu files, what is mod.csv. etc.

23 minutes ago, MrCactusLD said:

You gotta understand that some people need more explanation than other.

Thats why i want videolesson of installing simple script

23 minutes ago, Felix7774 said:

Thats why i want videolesson of installing simple script

not happening

try adding +set fs_homepath "." to your command line parameters as i said earlier. 

12 hours ago, dpj said:

not happening

try adding +set fs_homepath "." to your command line parameters as i said earlier. 

What should i write in +set fs_homepath "."? D:\Games\Call Of Duty 4\Call of Duty 4 1.7 or D:\Games\Call Of Duty 4\Call of Duty 4 1.7\main_shared? It doesn't work anyway

4.JPG

5.JPG

Edited by Felix7774

44 minutes ago, Felix7774 said:

What should i write in +set fs_homepath "."? D:\Games\Call Of Duty 4\Call of Duty 4 1.7 or D:\Games\Call Of Duty 4\Call of Duty 4 1.7\main_shared? It doesn't work anyway

it's supposed to be a dot. for the current directory. or, if you like to use absolute paths "D:\Games\Call Of Duty 4\Call of Duty 4 1.7". most likely backslashes aren't working as they escape the next character

9 minutes ago, dpj said:

it's supposed to be a dot. for the current directory. or, if you like to use absolute paths "D:\Games\Call Of Duty 4\Call of Duty 4 1.7". most likely backslashes aren't working as they escape the next character

Thanks, its working!

iw3mp 11-08-2018 17-09-58-568.png

1 minute ago, Felix7774 said:

Thanks, its working!

iw3mp 11-08-2018 17-09-58-568.png

cool, gz. was setting the homepath required, or did it work without?