ZOMBIE

Game crashes after setting up game

I m new here , hi all 
I want to install that client by following this Tuto, but the game keep crashing after setting up game .
did i miss something ? 

Hey! I am getting the same problem but even after the re-install I couldn't join any server, the same error comes again.

42858042342383704.jpg

I have a player who is having a problem with windows 10 and trying to join a cod4x server. we were chatting through steam and I had him reinstall the game through steam and he is able to join any non cod4x server without a problem. However as soon as he tries to join a cod4x server his computer crashes after the cod4x files start to download and he has to reboot the computer. I told him about the problem with steam update and pointed him to download the file to correct the problem as stated on this web site. However even with the new file his game still crashes on cod4x server joining. Before we ended last night he did tell me that with the file download from this web site he not cannot join a non cod4x server with it stating he needs the version to be 1.7. I told him again to reinstall the game through steam and do not use the file from this site this time and he was able to join non cod4x version 1.7 servers again. we spent hours and he finally gave up on trying to join a cod4x server. I will welcome any suggestions on correcting the problem.

Edited by wkuzma

4 hours ago, wkuzma said:

I have a player who is having a problem with windows 10 and trying to join a cod4x server. we were chatting through steam and I had him reinstall the game through steam and he is able to join any non cod4x server without a problem. However as soon as he tries to join a cod4x server his computer crashes after the cod4x files start to download and he has to reboot the computer. I told him about the problem with steam update and pointed him to download the file to correct the problem as stated on this web site. However even with the new file his game still crashes on cod4x server joining. Before we ended last night he did tell me that with the file download from this web site he not cannot join a non cod4x server with it stating he needs the version to be 1.7. I told him again to reinstall the game through steam and do not use the file from this site this time and he was able to join non cod4x version 1.7 servers again. we spent hours and he finally gave up on trying to join a cod4x server. I will welcome any suggestions on correcting the problem.

image.png

Edited by Koaja
Cant reply for some reason forum software is being shit so here

he is on  windows 10  I will look into getting his crash logs  but I doubt he even has them since it crashes as he is joining

but I will talk to him  - what would the crash file be named so i can tell him to look for it

Edited by wkuzma

14 minutes ago, wkuzma said:

he is on  windows 10  I will look into getting his crash logs  but I doubt he even has them since it crashes as he is joining

but I will talk to him  - what would the crash file be named so i can tell him to look for it

It will be something.dmp. Normally time and data of crash, not sure if its in %localappdata% > call Of Duty MW or the default install directory. @dpj will know for sure anyway. Would be good to know why peeps are crashing nowadays for sure