NeHo

Upcoming CoD4x-WebaAdmin (older CoD4 Status version)

Hey NeHo, today got a new player with black ss but it only shows the message and doesnt do the action (kick)

It says player "name" was auto-kicked by julia bla bla bla bla... but the player wasnt kicked tried like 3 times but nope it didnt kick him...

And I think that after the last edit "julia fix" something just broke bc discord plugin doesnt work anymore

Edited by Klauser

Will test everything with the upcoming plugin. let me know if you find other possible bugs so I can test them to. The new plugin should SS every new player who joins, if they disconnect on screenshot taken then they will be always SS-ed when they join the server, this will be helpful with players who disconnect on SS. If the black SS works as it should then that part should be also solved since it will kick them every time when they have a black SS so until they don't fix that they will be not able to play.

Since I don't want to create multiple type of applications I will force admins to Link or Sign up with steam in the future (steam is required to make the new plugin run properly). The plugin will check if you are server admin on the website, if yes it will send you a command list for admins, if not it will send you default available commands.

I have fixed the part with double/triple bans on same player guid that should not happen anymore, same for cheater reports, you can only report the same guide once and also ban it only once.

i have also included a players DB, so you will have all the players who joined any of your server(s), this could be handy if you would like to ban offline players.

The players list is refreshed every 30 sec with help of the plugin so this could solve your problems what you had with local servers.

Let me know if you find any other bugs so I can fix them

Edited by NeHo

Nice...

Well just got some info about the black ss I guess its something with windowed mode... and about errors I havent found more yet.

The automated plugin is a good idea but will they take captures after a mapchange to the same players too? bc I tried the same plugin with a gsc but my admins arent very active and the next day found +600 captures tried it for a week but always found 600, 700, 800 captures maybe an integrated plugin that delete ss automaticly after certain quantity would be good.

How will it check if player is server admin? Bc my main admin tool is with B3... :)

It will create an SS when you visit the server for first time, when the screenshot arrives to the website and it is not an black SS this player will be not SS-ed anymore (he will be removed from blacklist). The only situation when the same player can be SS-ed again happens if an server admin cretes a screenshot from him and he disconnects or have an black SS

It checks if player is server admin on the website, it posts your data when you connect to the website and sends back the admin commands what you can use. Every command has a power so more power means more commands. You can manage all the commands on admin backend. I like this approach since I can manage all server admins on the website and I don't have to add/remove them manually on the game server(s)

Steam is required to use admin commands and you will also have to link your steam account on the cod4xwebadmin on the profile page. Steam is free so I think that should not be a problem for server admins, the only part what could make problems is if u cant get a steam api as server owner since you will need it to allow steam authentication on the website

If that is a problem than you should not upgrade to next release, I will not improve that further so it will stay as it is now.

No, Steam is not the problem for linking and getting the API. The problem is that not everybody uses steam while playing bc it causes fps drops... thats why I ask if it will requite steam for checking the admin status.

8 hours ago, Klauser said:

The problem is that not everybody uses steam while playing bc it causes fps drops

what kind of potato pc would have an issue with that? 

I don't think that the steam causes lag or fps drop, I have a really outdated pc and had never problems with steam. I believe the issue is somewhere else.

There is no other way to check if somebody is an admin.

I made this web admin because I didn't want to use B3 or manuadmin, the idea is to use the existing built in admin tool.

Let me know what you will miss from B3 so we can include it

18 hours ago, dpj said:

what kind of potato pc would have an issue with that? 

Well, We are mainly focused in ppl from LATAM and there not everybody can afford a GPU some ppl call it "thirdworld"

*That's not a problem for me.

17 hours ago, NeHo said:

I don't think that the steam causes lag or fps drop, I have a really outdated pc and had never problems with steam. I believe the issue is somewhere else.

There is no other way to check if somebody is an admin.

I made this web admin because I didn't want to use B3 or manuadmin, the idea is to use the existing built in admin tool.

Let me know what you will miss from B3 so we can include it

Mmmmm, Well it's the tool we have used since we started hosting this but we use that mainly bc the plugins "xlrstats, customcommands, pingkicker, etc" I dont know if it can be included but If it is possible it could be a big work for you so dont worry about it, its not full necesary to be added in the app. =D

I will try to implement that later on. Right now I have some performance (speed) issues so I have to figure out what is causing it, I have also received an email that my server has to be fixed so I will have to wait to see if that's the problem or something else. I have some ideas for the stats already when I fix this issue then i will implement it. Previously I have used B3 but for a short time, so I am not sure what exactly features B3 have right now. I have already implemented a players DB, it is similar to echelon I believe, you have from any player who joined any of your servers all data available on the website, I will improve this later on to get more info about players (for now you have guid, steamID, ip, country, city and name aliases).

The stats will not be so rich as on xlrstats since i will not create stats for all weapons individually, I will see how to make it later on

uhh ok... thats nice for the stats... weapon stats arent needed we dont use it xD. we have xlrstats bc our players like to compite to be in the top 3. And B3 updates just included community plugins.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:35 AM, NeHo said:

Ofc that you can request new features, let me know what you would like to have. No the queries are all made with mongoose so it is not compatible with sql. If you have problems with mongodb setup let me know i will help you

just curios can mysql and mongodb be run at the same time for different applications?

Yes they can, they are totally separated from each other. @wkuzma if I remember you are on windows so the create Local server will not work for you. If you would like to use it on windows I will need your help later on in testing that part since I have only Linux platforms and have no place to test things out. Let me know if you are interested and will will try to make it windows compatible

Edited by NeHo

11 hours ago, NeHo said:

Yes they can, they are totally separated from each other. @wkuzma if I remember you are on windows so the create Local server will not work for you. If you would like to use it on windows I will need your help later on in testing that part since I have only Linux platforms and have no place to test things out. Let me know if you are interested and will will try to make it windows compatible

I have since installed centos 7 on one of my computers mainly because my game provider switched systems to Centos 7 linux and I had to learn how to use linux in order to install the cod4x game on the system they changed to. I have learned a lot about linux from help here and google and so far I have one cod4x server and 3 cod4 servers running there . I run a total of 6 servers 4 under linux and 2 under windows 7 enterprise 64bit

I  would be interested in helping testing a windows version.

Edited by wkuzma

I am working on some new features and have to fix some deprecated package issues after that I can PM you to make it windows compatible.

Actually the only issue with windows right now is the local game server part since I use screen to keep shells active, not sure what the alternative would be for windows

41 minutes ago, NeHo said:

I am working on some new features and have to fix some deprecated package issues after that I can PM you to make it windows compatible.

Actually the only issue with windows right now is the local game server part since I use screen to keep shells active, not sure what the alternative would be for windows

I understand when you use screen you prevent the program from ending once you log out of of linux  I use that on the servers

however on windows the system will not terminate a program or programs if you never log off  if your the only user on the server that is no problem but if there is more then one user and someone switches users it will terminate your session and programs running

point being windows will keep a program running until you tell it not to or you log out of the windows session no need to worry about a screen type program 

3 hours ago, wkuzma said:

I understand when you use screen you prevent the program from ending once you log out of of linux  I use that on the servers

however on windows the system will not terminate a program or programs if you never log off  if your the only user on the server that is no problem but if there is more then one user and someone switches users it will terminate your session and programs running

point being windows will keep a program running until you tell it not to or you log out of the windows session no need to worry about a screen type program 

That's god news, in that case i will only need to change the console commands for example when i have to create a new directory for new server and symlink it to the main-server-files folder since there is no need to store the same files for every server.

As soon as i finish the multi-language support/translations i will test this out with you. Have to create the page in multi-languages since @Klauser can only ban cheaters in Spanish :)

Edited by NeHo

xDDDDDD thats not mandatory but if u are making it. Thanks

Can it be like a dropbox? like some forums that you change the language? :v Thanks

There are 2 options, every registered user can change the language on his profile page or I add some flags to topmenu and you can select what language you want. When a non registered user visits the page the language will be based on his location, if there is no translation for his region than the default English will be set. 

You will have to help me when i finish it to translate it in Spanish since i can only scream vamos and laugh in Spanish :) I will add English, German, Hungarian and Croatian translations with other languages i will need help

xDDDD Ok, I can do that xd. The language flags would be good not all ppl edit their profiles xD and the language based on location is nice!