PureTryOut

Final killcam

6 hours ago, terrymusic94 said:

cant get this to work for promod220.. where do i put the main_shared folder exactly?

its not intended to be used with promod, but a few posts down somebody has posted a promod version

On 9/7/2016 at 2:50 AM, crazy said:

This is final killcam for normal servers none modded it also follows grenades in the killcam.  i have removed all the bullshit so it only contains the final killcam no editing scripts to install just put the localized_english_iw07.iwd file into cod4/main.

and i also included 3 final killcams for promodlive211/216/220

enjoy

finalkillcam2.20.zip

finalkillcam2.16.zip

final killcam2.11.zip

localized_english_iw07.zip

I have nonmodded server (rent on g-portal) and did everything u said means putting the localized_english_iw07.iwd in the main folder of my server but it doesn't. How do I know that the final killcam is installed right?

Hello, just to clarify:

localized_english_iw07.iwd  -> both, for promod and nomod servers into main?

but where to put the promod files?

thank you.

There is a problem with finalkillcam . (mod openwarfare)
 There is a script error if the final murder is in the form of "revenge" .
When player (1) - kills player (2), then player (2) it kills player (1). (Revenge killing).
In this case, the console writes an error !!!

******* script runtime error *******
cannot cast undefined to bool: (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_finalkillcam.gsc', line 641)
    if(!isPlayer(Winner) && !level.doFK[winner])
Error: called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_finalkillcam.gsc', line 555)
        thread startFK( winner );
Error: started from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_finalkillcam.gsc', line 550)
    wait 9;
Error: ************************************

Could you please fix this?
The promod mod camera works perfectly, thank you very much for the work done !!!

thanks for the awesome scripts and help finding in these forums , on what part should be I looking to get the final kill cam to work in DM (free for all) 

Hi All,

I know this is old and dragged on a bit but need a little help if possible.

I am using OW MoD and the Final Kill Cam from PureTryOut works fine. Just one thing.

After the cam is done it goes then to the scoreboard. However the scoreboard is visible for about 0.5 seconds 🙂 Then goes straight to the next map.

Is there something in the gsc that I can change so at least the scoreboard shows a little longer? Or do i have to overwrite an OW gsc or the war.gsc maybe? I checked and nothing stands out at me that I could change.

Also, does anyone know the time it will take the last kill from...So If a kill was 2 mins ago will it show? or does it have to be a kill in the last 60 seconds for example?

As always thanks.

The gsc is attached.  _finalkillcam.gsc

You could add a

wait x; (number of seconds

in globallogic.gsc/gsx before exitLevel(true); is used, which is basically changing the map. The function is endGame(){}

• Like 1

Thx for the reply.

I am having some trouble with globallogic.gsx/gsc ( not sure which one it should be) and openwarfare.

New to this but am I right in saying that anything in main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes should override what is in mod?

Example: With openwarfare when I wanted some _spawnprotection.gsc for an onscreen timer and some _servermessages.gsc obviously for on screen mesages the only way I could get them to work is by creating a directory 'openwarfare' in the main_shared folder and placing them in there. I tried all other ways and this is the only way that the script actually worked. So i guess this is overriding the original files? Welcome messages only worked placing directly in main_shared too. 

1270263786_2021-12-0616_05_15-main_shared-CoD4ServerHome-WinSCP.png.0d59bc52d53058a83115ce0b6bcd89d0.png

If I put the original openwarfare globallogic.gsc in main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes the server does not start. Putting in the openwarfare directory as explained above the server starts. So is this where I should keep globallogic.gsc you think? And make any changes to it there? 

_callbacksetup.gsx is where is should be and I added the threads for the welcome messages to it and all ok.

I got a lot of things from NeHo as I use his webadmin and would like things like the julia stats showing up etc. As of yet I cant get those extra commands (!jstats for example) working. I been through all with a fine comb lol....but obviously missing a trick here 🙂 I have them where they are 'supposed to go' but nothing!! Everything seems geared towards promod and people have no problems from what I see. 

709539375_2021-12-0616_09_10-gametypes-CoD4ServerHome-WinSCP.png.48667ccbd4c795251a26c3ad695a5eef.png

Going back to final killcam. I can try that out what you suggested above and then maybe I will know if it is using that globalogic file. But have hit another error haha. I am using a Sniper MoD with no cross maps. When i am using the finalkillcam players spawn on the same side haha. I guess thats maybe something in war.gsc needs changing. 

Sorry for long winded reply. Trying best to learn some things. 

I cannot see 'true' anywhere on file. Do i need to change false to true and then the wait time.? 

I did try that and no success but I cant be sure that the globallogic file is in the right place 😐 Tried in main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes (server dont start)

Tried in 'openwarfare' directory where my other stuff works and no change. Need to be sure that the server is using that file I guess.

964285107_2021-12-0616_46_22-C__Users_macca_AppData_Local_Temp_scp46692_home_cod4server_cod4-28980_main_share.thumb.png.34c6aaed9f82a24692dc7744f98166fe.png

Just a shot into the blue because i did not check the Scripts.

cant you increase the intermission time to show the scoreboard for a longer time?

scr_intermission_time

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Viking said:

Just a shot into the blue because i did not check the Scripts.

cant you increase the intermission time to show the scoreboard for a longer time?

scr_intermission_time

Hey,

I can try that when i try it again. 

I would like to have got his working but beyond screen intermission time its very buggy. Any kill over 30 secs from the end basically does not show or is lag lag lag. Also I have Sniper no cross maps and players are spawning on same side when this is active. war.gsc probably will need changing..no idea. 

My focus has turned to globallogic and openwarfare MoD. Trying to find answers is like looking for Davey Crocketts Treasure 😃

Some things work and some not and its all trial and error..more error. I cannot get any of NeHo's stuff to work for me. As i said most is all geared for promod. The file paths are not the same with openwarfare and it is hit and miss where i put them so they work 🙂

My mistake its false as an argument, but it doesn't matter, just be careful at which one you add it, since the first one doesn't always get called, you should look at the last one and add an wait there.

As for the file structure, first question is are you only using vanilla cod4 with scripts in main_shared, or do you have a mod with mod.ff and its assets/code in a mod folder.

If you have a mod, all the code goes there, you can't mix it up. 

If you are running a vanilla server with scripts only, the file structure is the same but just in the "main_shared", so basically that is your root point for other stuff. Its organized in the same way and it will overwrite.

main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes/globallogic.gsx (Also if you are running cod4x, it will use .gsx first, on vanilla, 1.7, 1.7a you cant use gsx)

Now if you want to add things from here, you can add a thread from globallogic to your custom code.

e.g.  thread (main_shared)(\)maps\mp\gametypes\somescript::main(); 

Or any other location for that matter, you can call anything inside main_shared, but it needs to be initialized with a call from a place which is already active, like globallogic, scripts with the same name are overwriting default files, but new scripts are just laying there waiting, you need to call them for them to work.

Hope it clears things up

Edited by Kreator
Typo

Thanks for the reply. 

I am using a modded server not vanilla. 

I am really tearing what hair i have left out here. I understand what you mean but sure there is more too it that I should know. 😞

I will start a new thread off in support as this is off topic here. https://cod4x.me/index.php?/forums/topic/6176-invalid-command-envokedscripts-suicide-imminent/

I'm having an issue with this. I am running a mod on a server, and am trying to add the final killcam onto the server as well. I have created the folder string as shown below.

main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes/_finalkillcam.gsc

This is running from the server root on a VPS. However, the server is not displaying the final killcams. Does anyone know what my issue could be? It was working originally before adding a mod to the server as well, now it does not. But the only things changed in the mod are things in _weapons.gsc (such as fall damage, give perks, simple thing like that).