Sign in to follow this  
Stormyy

Error after download redirect

Hi guys,

Im currently running a deathrun server. But almost everytime somebody has to download something they disconnect after downloading with the error "CL_CGameNeedsServerCommand:A reliable command was cycled out".

After doing some research i found out that you can't do a whole lot to fix this error... However alot of other deathrun servers do not have this error. So my question was: do you guys have any tips/solutions to reduce or prevent this issue.

Regards,
Stormy

Just reconnect, you will be fine. I got these error only 2 times, I don't know why, but after reconnect worked fine.

The Server Sends Dvars to the Clients. In your case, after a lengthy download, there is a sync out of types between the server and the clients, causing this error. 

I don't really know either. I have not really investigated when this happens. Either it is a bug which should be solved or you send to players more then 128 server commands. Question is when this happens to trigger that error?

i've encountered that in the past half year only on a handful of deathrun maps. otherwise map downloads seem to work just fine.

There is a sv_wwwdldisconnect or whatever it is called cvar. I'd try to set it to 1 and test how it works.