leiizko

Waypoint editor for moving camera on match end

Hello,

Some birdy told me you guys like the moving camera on match end, during best players screen, credits and map vote. By default every stock map already has some waypoints hardcoded into script, some maps may have better looking ones, some worse.

The good news you can customise the waypoints the way you want. You can add as many waypoints as you want but I'd recommend you don't go overboard. To enable the editor set developer_script  and ending_editor to 1. I also recommend you enable cheats so you have access to noclip/ufo mode.

Editor will be enabled once you spawn. Be aware that waypoint will take the angle you are looking at aswell, so you have to look exactly where you want the camera to look at. The camera will rotate angle as it progresses. For example if you save a waypoint and look left, the next waypoint some distance away and look right, the camera will slowly rotate from left to right over the distance.

The camera will move to EVERY waypoint you place over the ending duration, meaning the more distance you do with waypoints, faster the camera will move. If you have mapvote enabled it will give you extra mapvoting time, slowing the camera down.

To save a waypoint press USE KEY (default: F), to delete a waypoint press MELEE KEY (default: V) - it will delete waypoints in the reverse order you placed them - so if you have 5 waypoints, it will first delete waypoint 5, then 4 and so on. Finally to save waypoints press RELOAD KEY (default: R). You are done.

The waypoint files will be saved in <cod4 server dir>/main/ne_db/waypoints/<map name>. If you need to trasnfer this waypoints to another server, simply copy the waypoint files to the other server dir, keeping the same file structure.

Finally to enable custom waypoints in game, set fs_ending to 1.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Really nice work with it all Leiizko, going to look into this later this week for sure :D Im also going to provide some feedback later this week more than likely, just acouple of suggestions and stuff :D

Found this thread today, tryed to do but seams is ignored. Nothing at <cod4 server dir>/main/ne_db/waypoints/<map name>

ne_db doesn't exist after the process. also checked the COD4X folder inside AppData and nothing.

Wasn't clear if we need to do in the Client or Server, but I did with BOTH and got the same result... nothing. Is this still available?

I don't think anything was changed that would break this functionality. You need to run a cod4x server with developer_script and ending_editor enabled. Maybe your server doesn't have write permission?