Create Account

Server Release and Plugins

1. Whenever a new version server is released , please also post it's compiled plugins as Windows plugins are mostly missing. Also, default plugins details/manual would be helpful
2. Where to get latest server plugins compiled for windows?

Updating Client to 1.8 - 16.0 was necessary , so a protocol change was needed for all Cod4-X servers to ensure that all clients update to 16.0.
What updated plugins are you talking about? If you are using the pre-compiled Binaries, all your previous settings/plugins should continue to work.
The latest 16.1 (thats what it is called now I think) server edition is not found compiled anywhere, you will have to compile it for yourself from github.
The default plugins that are on Github can be compiled either for Windows or Linux.So Cod4-X Windows plugins are not missing, you just have to compile them yourself.

Cheers.

******** Sometimes I wonder why is server hosting so addictive ? May the Lord Help Us ******** 

(09-04-2016, 07:52 AM)Kingwolf Wrote: Updating Client to 1.8 - 16.0 was necessary , so a protocol change was needed for all Cod4-X servers to ensure that all clients update to 16.0.
What updated plugins are you talking about? If you are using the pre-compiled Binaries, all your previous settings/plugins should continue to work.
The latest 16.1 (thats what it is called now I think) server edition is not found compiled anywhere, you will have to compile it for yourself from github.
The default plugins that are on Github can be compiled either for Windows or Linux.So Cod4-X Windows plugins are not missing, you just have to compile them yourself.

Cheers.

U r suggesting users to compile plugins. The aim of my post is not that.
1. I am asking in thread that once server version (Any) precompiled is released, it should have plugins precompiled with it too like current and even 1.8 win version didnt have any pre-compiled plugins.
2. also user manual or detail of each plugin are missing which would be helpful

most plugins in there are unused dinosaurs.
only https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Se...bansplugin is developed actively
and https://github.com/callofduty4x/cod4x_plugin_http is my latest plugin, it also has a release build on github and a short documentation

i do of course agree with you that builds for windows / linux and detailed docs would be nice ... but somebody has to do that, fraggy and i are also rather lazy with documenting things Smile
however, i will see if we can improve on that!

automated builds are kindof in the works ... we do automated builds on major versions for the server itself for not too long yet, and it still has issues as seen in the issue below
https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Server/issues/59
once that is solved one can think about extending the builds to plugins in that same repository, or apply the working continuous integration scripts to other plugin repos

all in all a lot of work todo ... start contributing today and get a free lollipop Smile https://github.com/callofduty4x open for pullrequests

@UtakerKhan : You want plugins for the latest build correct but are unable to find them? I told you how to get them (compile them yourself). So how didn't i understand the aim of your post exactly?

@D4edalus Documentation is indeed needed, especially after recent developments; a lot of new features and functions that can be used but obviously administrators need some kind of guide line. But as you said, a lot of things going on atm and everything in its due time.

******** Sometimes I wonder why is server hosting so addictive ? May the Lord Help Us ******** 

Speaking personally (and no offence is intended) but where can I find a SIMPLE step by step tutorial on how to compile the plugins? .  I've compiled the latest Cod4x binary with no problems, but the plugins, I'm having no success with.

I have CentOS 7 with all the development packages installed, but I'm still getting errors.  How do I compile the plugins?.  I know I need to use gcc - BUT I'm new to that particular way of doing things.Thanks in advance and like I said no offence is intended, Google searches are just confusing me more Sad

Thanks.

Peace.

there are build scripts usually included you have to execute.

There are some "madedll.sh" scripts in there - but they're not executable - so I've changed them to be executable and then run them with the sudo ./makedll.sh command, but I get error messages saying that files are not being found and so the build fails?.

It's probably just user error - but if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate any pointers.

The errors I'm getting are all similar to the quote below - is it a dependency problem, I can't see how it is because I have all the gcc and c++ stuff installed correctly ?

Thanks.

Quote:sh-4.2$ ./makedll.sh
Compiling: release
In file included from main.cpp:26:0:
../pinc.h:84:119: note: #pragma message: Compiling a plugin using CoD4X Plugin API. Your compiler is GCC / G++, you are using C++.
 #define msg "Compiling a plugin using CoD4X Plugin API. Your compiler is " COMPILER_NAME ", you are using " LANG_NAME "."
                                                                                                                       ^
../pinc.h:86:17: note: in expansion of macro ‘msg’
 #pragma message msg
                 ^
main.cpp:57:1: error: invalid conversion from ‘void (*)(const char*)’ to ‘void (*)()’ [-fpermissive]
 };
 ^
main.cpp:57:1: error: invalid conversion from ‘void (*)(const char*)’ to ‘void (*)()’ [-fpermissive]
main.cpp: In function ‘void ParseChatCmd(const char*, int)’:
main.cpp:183:39: error: too many arguments to function
       chatcmds[i].far(chatcmds[i].name);
                                       ^
main.cpp:192:39: error: too many arguments to function
       chatcmds[i].far(chatcmds[i].name);
                                       ^
main.cpp: In function ‘char* strtok_r(char*, const char*, char**)’:
main.cpp:260:65: error: ‘char* strtok_r(char*, const char*, char**)’ was declared ‘extern’ and later ‘static’ [-fpermissive]
 static char* strtok_r(char *str, const char *delim, char **nextp)
                                                                 ^
In file included from main.cpp:23:0:
/usr/include/string.h:355:14: error: previous declaration of ‘char* strtok_r(char*, const char*, char**)’ [-fpermissive]
 extern char *strtok_r (char *__restrict __s, const char *__restrict __delim,
              ^
main.cpp: At global scope:
main.cpp:63:21: warning: ‘paramters’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
 static parameters_t paramters;
                     ^
main.cpp:306:12: warning: ‘int HTTP_DoBlockingQuery(const char*, char*, int*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int HTTP_DoBlockingQuery(const char *url, char* data, int *len)
            ^
In file included from qshared.cpp:28:0:
../pinc.h:84:119: note: #pragma message: Compiling a plugin using CoD4X Plugin API. Your compiler is GCC / G++, you are using C++.
 #define msg "Compiling a plugin using CoD4X Plugin API. Your compiler is " COMPILER_NAME ", you are using " LANG_NAME "."
                                                                                                                       ^
../pinc.h:86:17: note: in expansion of macro ‘msg’
 #pragma message msg
                 ^
qshared.cpp: In function ‘void Q_strnrepl(char*, size_t, const char*, const char*, const char*)’:
qshared.cpp:402:36: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
     while((new_s = strstr(src, find)) != NULL)
                                    ^
Linking
gcc: error: *.o: No such file or directory
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Cleaning up
rm: cannot remove ‘*.o’: No such file or directory

Peace.

Is it the admin plugin? Well it is not finished.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 12:30 AM by ci13admin.)

(01-09-2017, 06:50 AM)Fraggy Wrote: Is it the admin plugin? Well it is not finished.

Yes indeed that one was Fraggy I'll try some of the others and come back to you Smile

Most of the others seem to compile ok - Smile There are a couple that don't but I'm sure we can live without them on the servers Big Grin

Thanks.

ABOUT US
A client and server modification for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the aim to fix bugs and enhance gameplay!